Lions pride was on display on November 3, 2016 as 1,046 alumni, students, faculty, staff, and friends came together to raise over $132,426 in just 24 hours as part of the college’s second annual Day of Giving. Included among the highlights:
- 50 percent of all donations received came from alumni;
- The largest number of donors (26) came from the class of ’76 and the class of ’93 donated the largest dollar amount ($8,701) overall;
- The largest share of all donations received (22 percent) went to the TCNJ Fund;
- Donors from as far away as Los Angeles, San Francisco, and Marietta, Georgia, contributed gifts;
- All six challenges were completed, “unlocking” $26,000 in secured donations;
This year’s annual Day of Giving will take place on November 2, 2017.
Check out the below video from TCNJ’s student television network, Lions TV, and the Day of Giving website for more information about last year’s event and other ways to give back to TCNJ.
—Tom Beaver, Head Media Relations Officer