Requesting a Campuswide Email
The Office of Communications, Marketing, and Brand Management is responsible for sending campuswide emails through the Universal Email System. (These are the messages that contain [TCNJ Official] in the subject line.) CMBM does not have access to, and cannot help with, other campus listservs or email systems.
To request a message, please contact Emily Dodd and pay close attention to the following guidelines:
1. Scheduling: The college limits the number of official messages sent on any given day. Messages are scheduled on a first-come, first-served basis. If yours absolutely must go out on a certain day, plan ahead and schedule in advance. Don’t wait until the last minute.
2. No multiple messages: Official messages are limited to one per event or topic.
3. Approval: The cabinet member corresponding to the area from which the message is being sent must approve the message.
4. Recipient(s): The system allows for messages to be sent to four groups—all faculty, all staff, all students, and all emeritus faculty. Please specify which group(s) you want to receive your message. These are your only choices. We are not able to send to subgroups or customized lists.
5. From/Subject lines: The mail system limits the number of characters allowed in each line to 64. Keep both short and to the point.
6. Sender: All campuswide emails must come from someone. Please make it clear from whom your message is coming.
7. No formatting: The universal email system does not support formatting. Messages should be free from bulleted, indented, bolded, underlined, and/or italicized text. Formatted messages will be returned to sender for correction. CMBM staff will not reformat your message for you.
8. No embedded links: The universal email system does not support embedded links. If you want a clickable link in your message, you must include the full URL beginning with http:// .
9. Check for errors: Accuracy of content is the sole responsibility of the sender. As in life, there are no do-overs with official messages so double check yours before you send it to CMBM to be sent.